Thursday 3 May 2007

1st May

Vallon Pont D'Arc to Savines Le Lac (Lac de Serre-Poncon: Haute Alps Region, France)

Arrival 47586km.

Lovely drive today on some great roads and fantastic scenery. Most shops and businesses are shut for the holiday weekend, so not much to do really.

Arrived on a hotel campsite for 10e a night inc electric which is cheap, but it's a bit dead here, so it will just be an overnight stopover. I headed down to the lake and went for a bit of a walk, but the weather's a bit cool and rainy on and off.

I've taken the chance to get all the blog written up on the laptop and the photos edited, so that's a job done I suppose. I need provisions and to get some laundry done soon!

The sun's come out now, so I may head back out and see if there's any life in this one horse town. A lot of motorhomes are parked up at the beach but it's a good bit farther out of town plus there area a lot of 'no camping' signs around, so I didn't want to chance it.

No comments: