Thursday 12 April 2007

11th April

11th April....


I´m losing track of the days and dates. it´s one of the problems of having no schedule to keep to.

I left the site at Lake Vinuela and had a look at the free camping area, but I didn´t like the look of it, so decided to press on further round the coast. I headed past Malaga and Torremollinos, Fuengirola et al and all the time, the rain chucked it down. I didn´t like what I saw there either. Very busy. Very built up. Not my idea of fun. I stopped at an open air market and managed to get parked up and prepared some lunch while I pondered what to do. I made a decision. To head back toward Torre del Mar and see what the campsite at the end of the town, next to the beach was like.

The rain continued it´s constant tirade and I headed back along the coast, all the while thinking that the road and the drivers on it were just an accident waiting to happen. All the time trying to keep a safe braking distance, some lump would nip into the gap and cut the distance by half. I was glad when i finally arived back in Torre. The camp site is fine, although the pitch is long and narrow and was a bugger to get on to. I´ll be fine for getting out - I think - as long as no-one parks in the pitch opposite. It´s 15 a night which is ok as it´s right at the beach and near to shops, bars, restaurants etc. I may stay on here a few days. I still want to go and see Rab and Carol, but I will probably take the bus from here as that end is just a nightmare for traffic and I really don´t fancy camping there.

I had a wander around town in the evening after the rain subdued for a bit and grabbed a small bit of shopping so that I could cook a proper meal. My washing from the other day is still not completely dry and unless the rain lets up, I´ve no way of getting it fully dry.....

I want the weather to improve! It´s not supposed to be like this here.......

2 comments:

lettsie said...

how the hell do I add another entry. been at it for about an hour and well now i give up!!!!

lettsie said...

my new blog is http://kildonandowns.blogspot.com